Thursday, 26 July 2007

Taking Liberties

A double page illustration for a guitar mag from a few years ago, for a feature on Punkvoter. The spaces were for titles and so on. I post it now because the Metal Hammer pic reminds me that it wasn't my first flag-hoisting commission based on an existing artwork! That one was their idea, this one was mine and it's of course after Liberty Guiding The People by Delacroix.

Punk news: I'm thrilled to be doing the artwork for the new Subhumans LP/CD, their first studio album in 21 years. I'm thrilled they've got a new album coming out, let alone that I'm doing stuff for it, they're one of my all time favourite bands. Anyway, more on this later.


Alex said...

Surely it's the first Subhumans album in 21 years - since 29:29 Split Vision in 1986. Unless they released a new studio I don't know about in 1996.

Simon said...

No, you're correct, Al. But I wrote 21 years, I don't see what your point is.

(runs away giggling)

Steve Buccellato said...

Dang. You're, like, 50 times better than I am at depicting the whole Punk thing. I'm going to have to step up my game if I'm going to do a second volume to my Battle of the Bands book.

You're an inspiration, you dirty bastard!