Monday, 14 January 2008

Original art

The following are drawn by the mighty Jonathan Edwards. They're pages from his comic Aunt Connie & the Plague of Beards which is available to buy on his website. They're cherished possessions which I hadta take out of their frames to scan for you (badly, given I didn't go so far as to remove the card mounts too). Jonathan once said to me "I'm getting illustration work from this magazine and I think the art editor would like your work too - send him some samples". I didn't get any work from the fucker but was touched by Jonathan's unselfish gesture. I guess he knew I was never gonna be serious competition!

2 comments:

Jonathan Edwards said...

Simes, you're too kind. I don't know which art director that was but it's their loss.

Simon said...

The thing that gets me with these pages, Jonathan, is that there ain't no tipp-ex to be seen! On the second page there's literally none. Masterly!

I still need to get around to posting your tat designs...