Friday, 29 February 2008

Another of these things

Today I drew this.

Also: Graphic Classics: Special Edition - for which I illustrated Conan Doyle's John Barrington Cowles - is being published for Free Comic Book Day on May 3rd. There's a run down of all the featured adaptations and contributors in this Newsarama review. It's a generously whopping 64 pages and to reiterate: is free! If you'd like a copy, please do visit your local comic shop to pre-order one, and y'know, buy something there too.

4 comments:

Steve Buccellato said...

These are really great, Simon! Probably somebody already asked what these are for on another post, but I'm too lazy to go back and read all the comments.

What are these for?

:)

Simon said...

Thanks, Steve! I've been between VU issues so thought I'd work up a few sketches in ink and colour for a change. No one asked, they're for fun and your blog always shows you're far from lazy!

Jonathan Edwards said...

Beautiful, Simon. A touch of Tadahiro Uesugi in the background? Very, very nice.

Simon said...

Definitely but unintentionally, Jonathan! It only became apparent at the colouring stage imo. He's so masterful he doesn't inspire my work. He inspires me to pack it in and join the French foreign legion.