Sunday, 3 August 2008

Holiday sketches

A few of the quick sketches I drew whilst holidaying on the Greek island of Alonissos (hmm, I spelt it wrong in the top pic). At first I confess to enjoying the break from drawing, but the urge returned after a few days. Nonetheless, I didn't seek out views - there were certainly more beautiful and interesting ones than these - they were what were in front of me at the time, whilst on the beach or supping the ol' Ouzo. I'll blame the latter for a less than delicate handling of my new Pentel brush pen. Why didn't I get one of these badboys sooner?

6 comments:

Jonathan Edwards said...

Great stuff, Simon. I particularly like the second one, I think it's the mixture of the machinery and the scenery. Can't believe you haven't tried a Pentel brush pen before! They're the closest thing to a real brush.

Steve Buccellato said...

Lovely. I gotta get me one of those brush pens. I'm all about that, lately.

Simon said...

Thanks, boyz. Yeah, I LOVE the Pentel pen, Jonathan! You should get one, Steve, although your inking is top class anyway.

Ian Lynam said...

Si, these are bee-yoo-tee-full!

Rufus Dayglo said...

The brush pens are great! You should try 'Zig' - Memory System Calligraphy markers too(The double ended ones).

Simon said...

Aw, thanks, Ian!

I'll give those pens a try, Ruf, as I've managed to fuck up my Pentel one.
(Mr. Edwards, on the other hand, makes his last for 500 pages of comics!!)