Friday, 13 August 2010

Dark Rain

I recently received my copies of Dark Rain: A New Orleans Story, written by Mat Johnson, illustrated by me and and published this month by Vertigo. Here are a few poor quality snaps.
The fine cover by Nessim Higson has a nice spot varnish on it as well as a quote by cartoonist Josh Neufeld - a true honour. If you haven't read A.D.: New Orleans After The Deluge, you must.

Here are a few photos of the interior - I've opted to show pages already previewed. The toning is by Lee Loughridge and these photos don't do his artwork justice. I think it's remarkable how much he got out of one colour.Mat writes about the book here.

3 comments:

Jonathan Edwards said...

Looks great, Simon. Can't wait to get a copy.

Hemaniscool said...

Cannot wait to get a copy of this dude.

Simon said...

Thanks, gents :)

Was great catching up with you the other day, Mark, and thanks again for the comic/sketch!